Agnes Crowe 1901 - 1996 Encouraged by the Johnson County Department of Welfare, Church Women United of Johnson County worked to establish a charity-oriented thrift shop. The group located a building on Johnson Avenue in Franklin and opened the Lord’s Cupboard on December 7, 1971. Agnes Dunn Crowe, then treasurer of Church Women United, would serve for the next twenty years as the store manager. Having worked in sales at the William H. Block Company, Agnes Crowe put her skills to use as she organized the donations that came to the store. Within two years of its opening, the Lord’s Cupboard was fulling its mission to “provide inexpensive clothing and household item for the community with free items given to those in need” and giving its profits back to the community. Agnes Crowe, a lifelong member of the Second Baptist Church in Franklin, “found her joy” in working at the Lord’s Cupboard. However, her civic involvement went beyond her forty years of work as church treasurer and her twenty years with the Lord’s Cupboard. She was a lifelong member of Girls Inc. Agnes Crowe was the recipient of the Jane Award for Leadership given by the County Extension Homemakers and the Max Fitzpatrick Outstanding Citizen Award. Agnes Crowe and the volunteers of those early years created what would become a fixture in the county. Now in its 48th year, the Lord’s Cupboard operates out of a store off US 31 in Franklin. We would like to thank the Johnson County Museum of History for providing us with the information for Women's History Month.